SUNDAY, OCTOBER 05, 2008
9:00 – 22:00 Arrival at the Hotel and Registration at the Convention Site
DAY ONE: MONDAY, October 06, 2008
Session hours are 08:30 to 18:30 including meals and breaks provided.
|07:00–08:00||Breakfast at the hotel|| |
|Opening Ceremony: Official Welcome|| |
|9:30–11:00||Global Roundtable 1: Executives in the Hot Seat|
The Future of Investment: Opportunities in the Global Market
Why we need to have this timely summit on tourism investment right here and right now: an overview of the global tourism outlook, including trends and issues from leading industry sector, UNWTO, MIGA-World Bank, etc.
|11:00–12:00||Opening of the TPO Exhibition (complimentary access for all registered delegates).||11:00-12:00|
Let's Make a Deal
Global Roundtable: Global Reservation and Distribution Services Drive Tourism Around the World
—The Customer Perspective
|Tourism Marketing Showcase|
|16:15–16:45||Break: Coffee, Tea, Refreshments||Let’s Make a Deal|
Global Roundtable: Hotel Investment---The Outlook from the Operators
Dinner and Cultural Event—KOREAN DELIGHTS
DAY TWO : OCTOBER 07, 2008, TUESDAY
Session hours are 09:00 to 18:00 including meals and breaks provided.
|07:00–08:00||Breakfast at the hotel|| |
08:30 – 09:00
Global Keynote: The Changing Face of Investment Sources
Who ‘s Got the Money—How to Access It?
TPO Executive Committee Meeting
|09:00 – 10:30||Global Roundtable:|
Opportunity Knocks: Global Trends and Local Fortune Regional Investment Trends I
Spotlight on Asia and Australia
Spotlight on the Americas
|10:30 – 10:45||Special Presentations: Aiming For the Stars|
Gateway Investment Opportunity—Where to Build and What to Build?
|10:45 – 11:00|
Focus on North American Tribal Hotel, Resort, Casino and Hospitality Industry
(i.e. Tribal Tourism Industry)
Break: Tea, Coffee, Let’s Make a Deal networking opportunity
Let’s Make a Deal
11:30 – 1:00
|Simultaneous Interactive ‘HOW TO’ Workshops:|
- Workshop I: Investing in the Total Product: Green Investments: Is This a Way Forward
- Building ancillary enterprises such as Food and Dining, Shopping and Transportation
- Investing in a sustainable future; committing to environment and investing in people as part of your business plan.
- Workshop II: Building Business Linkages: Opportunities Galore
- Targeted to Hoteliers, Agents and others interested in playing a part in the distribution marketplace: determine where you fir in the puzzles. A major technology company helps you once you are connected to the market, how to get more out technology and the on-line marketplace.
- Workshop III: How to Hit the Ground Running
- Assessing and selecting tourism projects. Evaluating how governments and investors can select investment proposals that are in line with economic objectives.
- Workshop IV: Spotlight on Success: feeling the pulse:
- Investment Success Profiles - Project Developers, Bankers, Investors and Managers who have forged their way in successful tourism investment shed light on the essentials that have played in their successes.
|1:00 – 14:30||Lunch Provided: Establish the Connection---TPO Exhibit Visit|| |
14:30 – 16:00
Opportunity Knocks: Global Trends and Local Fortune
Regional Investment Trends II
Spotlight on the Mediterranean and the Middle East
Spotlight on Africa
Spotlight on Europe
16:00 – 16:30
Break: Tea, Coffee
Departing for the APEC House
|16:30-18:00||A SPECIAL SESSION at the APEC House|
Ministers and CEOs Panel:
Banking on Each Other: Public-Private Partnerships for Investment in Tourism Sectors
|18:30 – 21:30||Stock-taking with public and private sector leaders on how to work together to meet challenges and opportunities, and apply effective practices for FDI, incentives and deregulation, markets and profitability, capital and labor costs, etc.|
An Outdoor Extravagance at the APEC House:
Dinner, Cultural Performance and Award Ceremony
DAY THREE: OCTOBER 08, 2008, WEDNESDAY – A BUSINESS CASUAL DAY
Session hours are 08:30 to 13:00 including meals and breaks provided.
|07:00 – 08:30|
Breakfast, Business to Business Networking
|09:00 – 10:30||Global Roundtable: Executives in the Hot seat|
The Capital Markets—DEBT & EQUITY
|10:30–11:00||Break: Tea, Coffee and refreshments|| |
|11:00 - 12:30||Final Roundtable:|
An accumulative Summary of the Past Sessions, followed by an intriguing Forum on
Follow the Money: Aladdin’s Treasures
|12:30–13:00||Closing Ceremony: Last Words|| |
|13:00–14:00||Lunch||Let’s Make a Deal session|
A Memorable Metropolis---City Tour Organized by the City Govt.